Horse Farm Tours of the Kentucky Bluegrass
- Duration : 3 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Lexington, KY
- Product code : PKRVCC
Our 3-hour public tours are daily at 8:30 am and 12:30 pm EST and generally include:
- A walking tour of the ivy-covered grounds of historic Keeneland Race Course, home to the planet's most expensive horse auctions.
- A peek into the thoroughbred horse lifestyle as we go behind the scenes to explore a thoroughbred farm and visit up close and personal with their famous horses.
- A drive by the famous Calumet Farm where you'll see and hear the history of the farm; home of a breeding and racing dynasty that dominated the sport of kings during the 1940’s, 1950’s and beyond.
- We’ll even see where scenes from the major motion pictures Secretariat, Seabiscuit and Dreamer were filmed.
- To top things off we will visit the grave site of a famous race horse.
Tours may vary depending on farm availability. During the race season, in April and October, we do not go to Keeneland Wednesday through Sunday afternoons but add an additional farm to the tour. During the off season (mid November through mid March) ticket prices and ticket minimums may vary depending on the number of people booking the tour. See our FAQs for details.
We will provide you with a unique experience of the Lexington Kentucky Bluegrass Country. Our guides go through an extensive tour training program, so you can count on the accuracy of the information that is presented and the professionalism of the presenter. Maximum number of people per tour van is 14.
We are recommended first by many of the best hotels in Lexington and by the Kentucky Derby Museum in Louisville.